Mike McGrath-Bryan Asks: First of all, thank you for years of insightful and timeless commentary, and some of the greatest lines ever delivered that accentuated some all-time great moments. What do you, not as a WWE employee, but as a wrestling fan, make of the wrestling industry today?
- The differences between wrestlers working "WWE-style" and indie/strong-style? Both have their fans, and both seem to be in each other's incessant ridicule...
- TNA's current insistence on comedy and skits instead of making the most of a phenomenally talented roster?
- The reasoning behind promotions treating their wrestlers as "independent contractors" rather than employees?
- C.M. Punk's defiance of the odds set against him by power players in WWE to become a main-eventer in his own right (and certainly the best to come down the pike in years in this questioner's opinion)?
- The dire need for fresh talent in a promotion where new faces are made to "earn their spot"?
There's a million and one things I could ask about, but what do you make of the issues facing wrestling in 2008?